The Certificate is a Victorian Government initiative that reflects the level of competency recommended by the swimming and water safety industry for students exiting primary school. The Certificate is designed to supplement existing learn-to-swim programs. Development of knowledge and skills relating to swimming and water safety can significantly reduce a child’s drowning risk and enhance community safety.
Certificate items include:
- Water Safety Knowledge
- Continuous Survival Sequence
- Rescue Skills
The Certificate is free of charge for schools and aquatic facilities to order.
To view the Certificate items in detail, download a sample certificate below:
To download a Teacher’s Guide, click the link below:
To download answers to Certificate Item 1; Water Safety Knowledge, click the link below:
The new online ordering system for the Victorian Water Safety Certificate has launched! To preview the system, please watch the following screen cast.
Key changes include:
- Reduction in time to receive certificates – A link to download certificates will be emailed in real time.
- Requirements for Schools / Swim Schools to upload student and swim school and school information – Certificates should be ordered only once a student achieves the competencies.
- Reduction in time to fill out the certificates – Electronic certificates will be auto-populated with the student and swim school or school information provided.
Rationale for change:
- Demand – There has been a significant increase in orders following inclusion in the Victorian Curriculum;
- Time – It is essential to reduce the time associated with processing orders and completing certificate details; and
- Monitoring & Evaluation – It is vital to improve data collection, to better report to government and continue vital research and advocacy work.
To order certificates:
Note: This link will expire in 24 hours. Certificates will no longer be available to download once the link has expired.