- Practise good hygiene and regularly and thoroughly wash your hands.
- Maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others.
- Carry a face mask when you leave home unless you have a lawful reason not to. It is strongly recommended you wear one whenever you cannot keep 1.5 metres distance from others.
- Wear a face mask when required, unless a lawful exception applies.
- If you feel unwell do not go to work.
- Get tested at a nearby testing location. Return home immediately.
- If you are worried you will lose pay while you wait for test result or you have tested positive and need to self-isolate you may be eligible for a worker support payment.
- If your condition worsens contact your GP or a health professional. If you become very unwell and are having trouble breathing contact triple zero, you may need to be admitted to hospital.
From 11.59pm, Sunday 17 January 2021, face masks will no longer be mandatory in all public indoor settings. These requirements are in line with settings that were in place at Christmas time.
- Face masks continue to be mandatory in the following locations:
- on public transport and when riding in a ride share or taxi
- inside supermarkets and in large retail stores (over 2000 sqm), such as department stores, electronics stores, furniture stores or hardware stores
- inside shopping centres, including the retail stores inside shopping centres, such as clothing stores and inside indoor markets
- on domestic flights to and from Victoria and at airports
- in hospitals, and when working in or visiting hospitals and care facilities.
- You must always carry a face mask with you when you leave home unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- It is strongly recommended you wear one whenever you cannot keep 1.5 metres distance from others.
- Record keeping?continues to be an important tool for helping Victoria to stay safe and stay open. Businesses that are required to record the details of visitors should use electronic record keeping or QR codes.
It is important for all members to be remember the below general advice at this time:
- Practise good hygiene and regularly and thoroughly wash your hands
- Maintain physical distancing; keep at least 1.5 metres away from others
- If you are unwell, stay at home.
- Wear a Mask when unable to maintain physical distancing or treating or interacting with a person who is suspected to have COVID-19.
- Be practical and considered about gatherings of members. Potential reconsider the need to bring people together at this time.
- We all need to be COVID Safe
- DHHS have released a number of Victoria exposure locations, stay up to date and follow DHHS instructions; https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/case-locations-and-outbreaks
Refer DHHS for latest information https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Health Alerts for Members and Clubs: Linked to this circular is the LSV Health Alert.
For further information on https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covidsafe-summer