Stay connected, engaged and informed with fellow AFAR professionals and share your latest stories and industry information from our most challenging year yet, then take these discussions to the next level with our masterclass professional development session.
Life Saving Victoria invites members of the aquatic, fitness and recreation (AFAR) industry to our free AFAR professional development series and industry professional development masterclass on November 9. This session will be held online via MS Teams and is free.
- Pool Safety Assessments 101
- Diving into Water Safety Week with ‘Swim City’
- Diversity and Inclusion Opportunities
LSV announces its final Industry PD Masterclass for 2021
- Session: Dealing with the Tough Stuff – Courageous Conversations
- Facilitator: Peter Agnew – People Development Australia
- Date: Tuesday 9th November 2021 @ 1:00pm-3:00pm via Microsoft Teams
- Cost: Individual registration $50
- Session Registration: HERE – Places are limited for this session.
This practical masterclass is about having courageous conversations with those around you. It is about being frank, open and sincere with others that include peers, managers or direct reports.
One of the most debilitating and dysfunctional symptoms of poor teams is silence! Mature people have the ability to get information out into the open from themselves and others, they have the skills and ability to bridge difference and handle emotions while meeting the needs of others.
This session will explore:
- Understanding the importance of feedback
- Developing skills to provide peer to peer and upward feedback
- Finding ways to develop a culture of feedback in teams
Peter Agnew is the current Director of People Development Australia and previous Consultant & Facilitator at Australian Institute of Management and National General Manager of Surf Life Saving Australia.
Peter comes to us with a Master’s in Education, Business and Psychotherapy, bringing extensive real-life knowledge and skills to this timely and relevant masterclass developed to support and prepare our Industry for what will be a unique summer period like no other.
Register to Attend Online :
Please contact LSV People Team via LD@lsv.com.au for support.