Aquatic Industry Summit 2024
Thank you to all of our attendees and sponsors for your contribution to a record breaking 2023 event.
The Aquatic Industry Summit 2024 will another exciting an memorial event!
Event day and venue to be announced in 2024.
Aquatic Leaders, Are You Ready?
Aquatic Industry Summit 2023!
The Life Saving Victoria Aquatic Industry Summit 2023 is just around the corner, and we are buzzing with excitement.
If you haven’t secured your spot yet, now’s your chance!
When: Tuesday 10 October 2023, 9.15am – 5.00pm
Begin with Breakfast!
Kickstart the summit with the Blue Connections Breakfast. Hear from the inspirational Grant “The Strong Man” Edwards APM, former Australian Federal Police Commander.
When: Tuesday 10 October 2023, 8.00am – 9.00am
Our Summit Event Program is out!
Dive deep into vital topics spanning two streams, all curated and delivered by the best minds in the industry.
Themes this year include:
- Water Safety in Focus
- Navigating the Future of Aquatics: Climate Adaptation and Efficiency in Pool Infrastructure
- Flipping traditional lessons in Water Safety Education
- Planning, Technology & Partnerships
- Swimming upstream: Industry Updates
- Empowering Aquatic Leaders: Insights, Information, and Innovation
About the venue
The Timber Yard is built on the philosophy of recycling, up cycling and bringing people together for amazing events. Located on 6,000 sqm, comprised of indoor and outdoor space, in the Port Melbourne industrial precinct, The Timber Yard is a landmark Melbourne venue of unprecedented size and event flexibility. The site has been restored remaining true to it’s heritage of second hand timber storage and fabrication. The Timber Yard is an urban sanctuary designed to bring the flavour and personality of the country into the city.
Catering by atiyah
atiyah means ‘gift of love’ and they are proud to be Australia’s first zero-carbon catering service. Showcasing their awesome Lebanese and Middle Eastern food made with love. Revolutionising catering through the community of amazing people with a passion for the environment and sustainability. Eat with atiyah, and save the planet.
Sponsors and Supporters
Enhance your brand’s visibility by becoming a sponsor or setting up a trade booth. Opportunities are dwindling, so act fast!
LSV Aquatic Industry Summit 2022
2022 we return face to face at a new and exciting venue of Marvel Stadium!
When: 9.00am – 5.00pm, Friday 28 October 2022. (Arrivals welcome from 8.00am)
Networking Drinks: 5.00pm to 6.00pm sponsored by Myrtha.
Location: Medallion Club, Gate 9, Marvel Stadium, 740 Bourke Street, Docklands VIC, 3008.
Overview: This year’s summit will be divided into three fundamental sections.
- Strategic Alignment: Introducing and reviewing the Australian and Victoria Water Safety Strategy.
- A Safe Summer: Industry led safety messages and initiatives.
- The Way Forward: How we must move forward as an industry.
2021 Aquatic Industry Summit
Virtual Event: Held 9am, Friday 29 October 2021.
YouTube (Mirror): LSV Aquatic Industry Summit 2021
In the aquatic industry’s most challenging year to date, Life Saving Victoria’s 2021 Aquatic Industry Summit brought key industry professionals and stakeholders together to review the year that was and plan for the upcoming year.
A panel of industry experts gave presentations on a range of relevant topics, including industry recovery, drowning statistics and critical incidents, water safety and innovations from industry.
2020 Aquatic Industry Summit
LSV delivers an annual summit to review, discuss and plan the future of pool and aquatic safety and addresses industry challenges. Expert speakers present on a range of relevant topics in an information and progressive format. Presentations from recent summits are available below.
Individual presentations (YouTube redirect links)
- The Perfect Storm – Andy Dennis
- Public Training – Erin Collins
- Pool Safety – RJ Houston
- Memberships – Adrian Paino & Sheila Langley
- 2019-20 Drowning Report – Rhiannon Birch
- Planning for success – Learn to swim – Jennifer Howgate
- Water Safety Week 2020 – Michelle Ling
- Beyond the Quals – Sheila Langley
- Bush Nippers – a Lifesaving Program for your pool – Trudy Micallef
- Critical Thinking for the Aquatic Industry Post-COVID-19 – Simon Weatherill
- Water Quality and Healthy Swimming – Jennifer O’Connor
- Uber driver by day, cleaner by night – lessons from COVID-19 – Bridget Gardner
- 2020 & Lessons for the future of Industry coordination and advocacy – Kathy Parton
- Resilience and Recovery – lessons from East Gippsland – Kelly Smart
- Trauma and Mental Health in the Workplace – Anita Savic
- Reinvigorating your culture during recovery phases – Nathan Burke
Pool Safety Summit 2019 – Presentations
- LSV Champions Program
- NSW Drowning Coronial Inquest
- 10-year Drowning Analysis
- 2018-19 Victorian Drowning Report
- Mental Health – Your Members and Staff
- OHS Management – ISO 45001
- SwimSafe Research Findings and Opportunities
- CALD Recruitment
- Emergency Planning (Tess Craigie MSAC)
- Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2019
Pool Safety Summit 2018 – Presentations
- An Industry Safety Management System (SMS)
- An IT Solution to Incident Management<
- An IT Solution to Operations
- An IT Solution to Staff Qualifications
- An IT Solution to Water Testing
- Computer Drowning Detection Systems
- GSPO – Aquatic Supervision
- Public Health and Wellbeing Regs Review
- SALT Dashboard
- Vulnerable Users Campaign