What is Blue Connections?
Blue Connections is Life Saving Victoria’s networking event series. It connects the broader Aquatic Industry, Volunteer Members, Staff, Emergency Services, Education and Sport and Recreation sectors, and interested community members together once a month at LSV State Centre to network, share, and grow through interactive professional and personal development workshops.
When and where do Blue Connections events take place?
Events are held once a month at Life Saving Victoria’s headquarters:
200 The Boulevard
Port Melbourne, VIC
Blue Connections Calendar
Next Blue Connections Event
Date: Thursday 27th February 2020
Time: 6:30pm for 7:00pm start
Location: Life Saving Victoria, 200 The Boulevard, Port Melbourne
Keynote Speaker: Luke Waters – Award Winning Journalist
Topic: Selling Your Story
Presented by award winning Journalist Luke Waters, Luke brings to Blue Connections a practical and engaging session, he will give us an insight to his celebrated career and will share with us the importance of effective storytelling, presentation and how personal “brand” can sit within an organisation and shape one’s life.
Luke has reported from the Canberra Press Gallery, embedded with the Australian and international militaries, and covered events throughout the Pacific, South East Asia, the Middle East, the United States and Africa working as a journalist, presenter, contributor, producer and/or chief of staff for a range of media outlets.
Session topics include:
CLARIFY – Your story
BUILD – Your story into a broader narrative
SELL – Your story
MANAGE & MAXIMISE – Your stories reach;
Award winning journalist Luke Waters is the founding director of Saltwater Media Solutions Pty Ltd. He has qualifications in journalism, accreditation in Workplace Training and Assessment and formal training in Risk Management.
Luke’s distinguished journalism career landed him in some of the world’s most complex, diverse and volatile events. From boardrooms to battlefields, elections to elite sport he’s interviewed the intriguing, the powerful – even the profoundly compromised. Among them, Governors General, gangland figures, ISIS operatives and a dictator.
The unique experiences also exposed Luke to world-leading media management at the coalface of history-defining events, including;
– Syria’s War
– Israel/Hamas conflict, Middle East
– Death of Nelson Mandela, South Africa
– Bali Nine executions, Indonesia
– Gangs, guns and Africa’s culture of fear
– Cyclone Pam recovery – South Pacific
– Black Saturday & various natural disasters
-Australian Federal and state elections
– Melbourne gangland wars
– ISIS in Australia & Middle East
– Elite sport across multiple codes
– Indonesia’s barbaric mental health regime
– International Election campaigns
– People smuggling- Asia Pacific & Australia
Luke’s Industry Recognition:
– Graham Perkin Australian Journalist of the Year (Nominee)
– TV Week Logie Award (Nominee)
– The United Nations of Australia Media Award (Winner)
– Melbourne Press Club Quill Award (Winner – Best long-form broadcast journalism)
– Australian Sports Commission Media Awards (Multiple winner)
– National Drug and Alcohol Foundation Award for Excellence in Media Reporting (Winner)
– Afro-Australian Media Award for Excellence in News Reporting (Winner)
– Victorian Multicultural Commission Media Award (Winner)
– National OPSO Awards Excellence in Reporting on Aging Australians (Multiple winner)
– AFL Victoria Media Award (Winner)
– Cricket Victoria Media Award (Multiple Winner)
– CNN International Journalism Fellowship (Participant and member)
Blue Connections Tickets and Membership
Join our Facebook Group
Stay in touch with the latest Blue Connections news and discussion by joining our Facebook Group.