The aim of the Under 18 Leadership Development Camp is to develop leadership and life skills, to help assist clubs with youth retention.
Target Group: Active 16 and 17 year old club members
Format: Three day camp
Aims: Life Saving Victoria is pleased to offer the U18 Leadership Development Camp for the second year. This Camp has been established with the aim to develop and enhance valuable leadership skills for our youth members who are seeking to take on more responsibility as they progress through their lifesaving journey.
Date: Friday, 30th November 2018 (approx. arrival at camp by 7pm) until Sunday, 2nd December 2018 (approx. departure by 3pm)
Location: Angahook Holiday Camp, Aireys Inlet
Bus transport will be organised from Life Saving Victoria to and from the camp.
- Candidates should be 16 or 17 years of age at the time of the Camp
- Applications must include a Club Endorsement. The Club Endorsement should be submitted with the online application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, 14 October, 2018.
- Interested candidates should speak to their club about applying
- Click here to apply
Please note the camp will take place across the first weekend of full patrols for the 2018/19 season, meeting patrol requirements should remain a priority for all clubs.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 14TH OCTOBER 2018
- LSV will assess the quality of each online application. Clubs are guaranteed at least one position each.
- Should not all clubs nominate, the remaining positions may be allocated to clubs with more than one application.
- Successful applicants will be notified on the outcome of their application via email by Friday 19, October 2018
The camp costs $434.50 per participant (including GST)
Clubs will be invoiced for the cost of the camp. It is up to each club and participant to agree on who will be responsible for the cost of the camp.
Please note: If successful applications withdraw with 2 weeks notice prior to the camp taking place, they will incur 50% of the total cost; if the application is withdrawn with less than 2 weeks notice 100% of the cost will be incurred.
*Please note this Program may be subject to change
U18 Leadership Development Camp Flyer
The U18 Leadership Development Camp aims to develop participants in the following areas:
• Team Building: Learning how to motivate people, meeting team member needs and effective leadership skills
• Team Work: Understanding the characteristics of effective teams, the stages of team development and how to use positive decision making methods.
• Leadership Styles: Reviewing different leadership styles and understanding how to lead a team to suit the style of task, people and situation to be managed.
• Lifesaving Skills – Providing the opportunity to develop lifesaving skills through completing a core patrol award.
For more information on this program please contact the Membership & Leadership Development Department on 03 9676 6945 or email email@example.com
Please be aware that a minimum of thirty-five participants are required for this camp to run
Camp Leader Applications
Expressions of Interest to become a Camp Leader for 2018 are opening soon!
Leaders must be 18 years +.
For more information on this program please contact the Membership & Leadership Development Department on 03 9676 6945 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.