The aim of the Under 18 Leadership Development Camp is to develop leadership and life skills, to help assist clubs with youth retention.
Target Group: Active 16 and 17 year old club members
Format: Three day camp
Aims: Life Saving Victoria is pleased to offer the U18 Leadership Development Camp as a new initiative for the 2017/18 season. This Camp has been established with the aim to develop and enhance valuable leadership skills for our youth members who are seeking to take on more responsibility as they progress through their lifesaving journey.
Date: Friday, 17th November 2017 (approx. arrival at camp by 7pm) until Sunday, 19th November 2017 (approx. departure by 3pm)
Location: Angahook Holiday Camp, Aireys Inlet
Bus transport will be organised from Life Saving Victoria to and from the camp.
- Interested candidates should speak to their club about applying
- Click here to apply
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 8TH OCTOBER 2017
The camp costs $390 per participant (including GST)
Clubs will be invoiced for the cost of the camp. It is up to each club and participant to agree on who will be responsible for the cost of the camp.
*Please note this Program may be subject to change
U18 Leadership Development Camp Flyer
The U18 Leadership Development Camp aims to develop participants in the following areas:
• Team Building: Practical skills and learning on how to motivate people, meeting team member needs and effective leadership skills.
• Team Work: Understanding the characteristics of effective teams, the stages of team development and how to use positive decision making methods.
• Leadership Styles: Reviewing different leadership styles and understanding how to lead a team to suit the style of task, people and situation to be managed.
• Resilience: strategies that can be used for mindfulness. Having the ability to cope with stressful and/or undesirable situations.
Refer a friend and win!
To assist with the promotion of the U18 camp, applicants will be able to refer a friend and win! If they are both successful in their applications they will go into a draw to win a $50 gift voucher each. When completing the application, applicants can list the friend who told them about the camp to go into the draw. Winners will be announced at the camp
For more information on this program please contact the Membership & Leadership Development Department on 03 9676 6945 or email email@example.com
Please be aware that a minimum of thirty participants are required for this camp to run
Camp Leader Applications
Expressions of Interest are open to becoming a Camp Leader for 2017.
Leaders must be 18 years +.
To apply click here.
Expression of Interest close Sunday, 8th October.
For more information on this program please contact the Membership & Leadership Development Department on 03 9676 6945 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.