Junior Evaluations and Surf Education Requirements
- Ensure Preliminary Assessments and Competition Skills Evaluation are processed as a Proficiency and not an Award – this needs to be changed in the Assessment Type dropdown box
- Surf Education Awards are to be processed as an award
- LSV will not be processing Form 14’s that read “incomplete” the club will be required to submit the form to the approval stage
- Junior Awards for Processing online (wufoo) form to replaces the need for Clubs’ to emial, fax or mail Junior Form 14’s to LSV
- Competition Skills Evaluation open-water swim is a timed swim
- Competition Skills Evaluation is mandatory for U12 – U14 to compete in Any event and U9 -U11 for water events only (excluding wade)
- Competition Skills Evaluation Form 14’s need to be processed by LSV prior to competitors being able to be entered into the competition entry system
Junior Development Program Certificates
These Surf Education Certificates are used to signify the completion of the completed age group level of the Junior Development Program. To purchase a stock of certificates for your club please download the following form and return to the Membership & Leadership Development department.
SLSA Junior Coaching Skills DVD
The Junior Coaching Skills DVD supports the skill development of our junior members through the demonstration and instruction of various skills including board, surf swimming, beach sprinting, flags and R&R.This DVD is for anyone involved in delivering Junior Activities and can be purchased for $5.00 from the store in the Members Portal
Age Manager Plastic Cards
The Age Manager Plastic cards consist of 10 double sided plastic cards on a lanyard with whistle designed to assist Age Manager’s on the beach with practical lifesaving information. To purchase sets of these cards please download the following form and return to the Membership & Leadership Development Department.
Nippers Planning Guide
Taking into account the diversity of Surf Education programs across Victoria, the Nippers Planning Guide includes information relating to structuring a nippers program, coordinating and managing a nipper’s workforce, tips for getting volunteers involved and considerations for programming the sessions. In addition to this, the guide is supplemented with practical resources as listed below. This guide is intended to be a complementary resource to the SLSA Junior Development Resource (JDR).
The Parent Engagement Presentation is a template clubs are encouraged to use to inform and educate Nipper Parents, with specific information on the Surf Education Program as well as volunteering opportunities available within the Club. For example being an: Age Manager, Official, Parent Helper and the possibility of them acquiring their Bronze Medallion.