Key Resource Links
To assist in clubs finding the correct information at anytime, please see the below key resource links which is updated by the Club Support Team
Aquatic Activity Risk Assessment & Management Form and Water Safety Table
For all aquatic activities, a pre-activity risk check should be conducted by the Water Safety Supervisor in conjunction with the Patrol Captain or Lifeguard. Life Saving Victoria recommends that all clubs keep a conditions folder that contains all risk assessment documentation for a minimum of five years. This also includes risk assessments that are completed using the Water Safety Risk Mobile App. These Assessments must be emailed to the relevant person or club and printed out at the completion of the session.
Gear inspections and supplementary information
Note: Please return IT Systems access request forms to Lifesaving Operations
Emergency Response Contacts
Victorian Governments Crown Land Leasing Policy – June 2019
LSV Photography Guidelines
CLICK HERE for photography policy
Patrol Competition Assessments and Audits
Club Administration and Development
For assistance for grant seeking and applications please contact the Surf Life Saving Foundation’s Grant Seeking Unit.
Life Saving Victoria has a small number of Collection Containers and Signage available for clubs to hire. To arrange booking of equipment please fill out this form with a minimum of 48 hours before collecting the equipment.
Door Knock Appeals
Occupational Health and Safety
Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation General Information for Clubs
- Liquor videos:2 minute videos that cover the basics, presented by our Education team.https://www.vcglr.vic.gov.au/news/stay-ahead-game
- Key information for clubs:This page has a lot of resources and information, all with a focus on clubs.https://www.vcglr.vic.gov.au/key-information-clubs
- Liquor licence selector tool:This tool was developed so people could answer a series of simple questions to work out the best licence for them. It only takes about 1 minute to go through.https://www.vcglr.vic.gov.au/i-want/get-new-licence/what-liquor-licence-do-i-need
- Changes to the Act (RSA certificates is on page 1, minors page 3)This is a PDF of the changes the to Act last year. There is info about RSA certificates (and who needs them) on the first page, and the info about minors not being able to drink at all is on page 3https://www.vcglr.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/factsheet_-_liquor_and_gambling_legislation_amendment_bill_2018.pdf
- Signage – required and optional:There is a drop down heading for Optional Signage just above the video on this page.https://www.vcglr.vic.gov.au/print-my-liquor-signage
- Attached:Liquor licence ready posterStart of season self audit for clubs
This information has moved! Please click to go to the new LSV Councils page.
SLSA National Insurance Program
The Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) National Insurance Program covers all Surf Lifesaving Entities (including Victorian Lifesaving Clubs). This cover includes insurance policies for Public and Products Liability, Crime, Associations Liability, Personal Accident and Directors and Officers – Entities legal Expenses. Marsh is the insurance broker for the SLSA National Insurance Program. Details of the SLSA National Insurance Program can be found on the Marsh website.