The staff and volunteer executive are committed to ensuring that appropriate technology solutions are available in member training to support both course candidates and TAFs. The team will continue to review, develop and refine the available technology platforms / apps to reduce the administrative burden on volunteers and ensure that both new award training and skills maintenance activities can be planned, delivered and processed in an effective and efficient manner.
Member Training Portal
The Member Training Portal is designed to allow Members to search for / enrol into new award and skills maintenance training activities and also complete online learning activities. Members can also view the progress of their training and view their completed award history. The portal also allows club administrators to register their courses and track course and candidate progress. View the videos below to learn more:
(Members – New Awards) I want to….
- Search upcoming courses – Coming soon
- Enrol into upcoming courses – Coming soon
- Complete online course activities – Coming soon
- Track progress of ‘My Training’ – Coming soon
- View ‘My Results’ – Coming soon
(Members – Skills Maintenance) I want to….
- Search upcoming skills maintenance options – Coming soon
- Enrol into upcoming skills maintenance – Coming soon
- Complete online skills maintenance activities – Coming soon
- View ‘My Results’ – Coming soon
(Administrators) I want to….
- Register a new course or skills maintenance activity – Coming soon
- Monitor course or skills maintenance enrolments – Coming soon
The Trainer App has been specifically designed to assist LSV Trainers, Assessors and Facilitators, by enabling candidate (daily) attendance, assessment delivery, evidence collection and course validation to occur using a purpose-built training application.
Correct use of the Trainer App will go a long way to reducing the challenges and delays associated with processing candidate awards. View the videos below to learn more:
I want to….
- Home screen navigation – Open link
- Download upcoming course – Open link
- Open downloaded courses and course dashboard – Open link
- Review trainer notes and e-learning completion – Open link
- Add or remove a course candidate – Open link
- Signing in a candidate by session – Open link
- Adding a resit candidate and uploading evidence – Open link
- Complete the assessment checklist – Open link
- Uploading assessment evidence – Open link
- Candidate sign off and reassessment notes – Open link
- Trainer sign off and add trainer – Open link
- Complete session plan – Open link
- Complete course report form – Volunteer Training – Open link
- Validate and upload course content – Open link
PSAR 35th E-manual
The Public Safety and Aquatic Rescue – 35th Edition manual (PSAR35), is the first award manual to be provided in an electronic format. The new approach will ensure that members have content which is current and dynamic and the resource is key for members on Surf Rescue Certificate and Bronze Medallion award courses.
New SRC/Bronze Online Learning
2020 saw the introduction of new online self-paced learning for SRC and Bronze Medallion candidates. A trial course has been set up in the public training portal to enable and encourage TAFs to access and understand the content ahead of delivering the course to members.
To access the content follow the instruction below.
- Visit https://training.lsv.com.au/
- Enter 1312096 into the ‘Course ID’ box and click ‘List Search’
- When the test course pops up, click ‘Enrol now’
- Enter your normal member training portal log in details
- ‘Confirm’ the ‘Prerequisite’ pop up request
- Follow the booking prompts and ‘submit enrolment’
- Select ‘Home’ then select ‘My Training’
- Find the test course in your training list and select ‘View more’ then ‘Launch’