Trainers, Assessors and Facilitators are a dedicated and committed group of volunteer members, who make a huge contribution to lifesaving. These individual go above and beyond to ensure LSV’s volunteer members have the knowledge, skills and rescue capabilities to provide safe beach environments for Victorian communities and visitors.
– Trainers: Oversee training activities
– Assessors: Oversee assessment activities
– Facilitators: Oversee both training and assessment activities
Trainers, Assessors and Facilitators accept a high level of responsibility based on the importance of their role. They are required to be the best in their field and must be able to demonstrate that they are current in their skills and knowledge. This is done through maintaining awards and qualifications and ensuring that LSV has a record of key evidence requirements which include:
– Maintaining currency of training and assessment qualifications
– Maintaining currency of course qualifications and / or awards
– Completing Evidence Forms for the courses being delivered
– Completing a regular trainer matrix
Link to ‘Trainer Matrix – Example’ – Coming Soon
For more information on becoming a Trainer, Assessor or Facilitator please refer to the ‘Volunteer Training Handbook’.