- Hold the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from the TAE10 Training and Education Training Package or higher;and
- Be able to demonstrate vocational competencies at least to the level being delivered and assessed;and
- Have current industry skills directly relevant to the training and assessment being provided;and
- Have current knowledge and skills in vocational training and learning that informs their training and assessment.
Individuals working under supervision of a trainer :
Applies to individuals who are not trainers or assessors –
- Works under the supervision of a trainer and does not determine assessment outcomes;
- Holds either the TAESS00007 Enterprise Trainer – Presenting Skill Set the TAESS00008 Enterprise Trainer – Mentoring Skill Set or TAESS00003 Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Sets;
- Be able to demonstrate vocational competencies at least to the level being delivered and assessed;
- And has current industry skills directly relevant to the training and assessment being provided.
Potential trainers (working under supervision) will undertake LSV’s Training Officers course or demonstrate equivalent skills and knowledge through a Recognition of Prior learning /Credit Transfer process. The Training Officers course leads to the award of TAESS00007 Enterprise Trainer – Presenting
Skill Set and comprises the units:
- BSBCMM401A Make a presentation;
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction.
- These units provide credit towards TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
To finally qualify as a trainer (under supervision) you will undergo further assessment in your training knowledge and skills for specific lifesaving disciplines whilst under supervision. This will be verified by your completion of a Training Evidence form.