Aquatic and Fitness Industry – Professional Development Series
In uncertain and challenging times, key aquatic and fitness industry organisations have come together and taken the decision to collaborate and step up the effort to support engagement and professional development during the COVID-19 state of emergency. The outcome of the collaboration is the decision to offer free professional development opportunities to anybody associated with the aquatic and fitness industry four times each week between April and July. The professional development will include a range of presentations, seminars and panel events delivered by industry leaders and external experts from across the Country.
These sessions will be delivered directly into the homes of industry personnel through a simple Microsoft teams link. Four streams have been developed to guide the delivery / inform attendance and are hoped to encourage uptake by a broad scope of industry personnel stuck at home as a result of COVID-19. The intent of the project is to not just offer professional development opportunities, but more importantly the ability for industry personnel to connect and engage during this time of increased isolation, frustration and uncertainty.
To join the session, simply visit this web-page and click the ‘LINK’ at the time and date of the session and follow the prompts. Alternatively so you don’t forget cut and paste the link into your outlook calendar.
- Tues 7th Apr – Aquatic Operations – Long term pool plant closures
- Wed 8th Apr – Learn to Swim – Swimming and water safety online resources
- Thu 9th Apr – Management and Leadership – Responding to emergency situation
- Fri 10th Apr – Health and Fitness – Embracing working from home
- Tues 14th Apr – Aquatic Operations – Water quality and regulation updates
- Wed 15th Apr – Learn to Swim – Swimming and water safety in the Victorian curriculum
- Thu 16th Apr – Management and Leadership – Leading during uncertainty
- Fri 17th Apr – Health and Fitness – How to start your own fitness podcast
- Tues 21st Apr – Aquatic Operations – Starting again after the COVID-19 crisis – lessons from greenfields
- Wed 22nd Apr – Learn to Swim – Teaching lifesaving skills in inland waterways
- Thu 23rd Apr – Management and Leadership – Planning for long term facility closures
- Fri 24th Apr – Health and Fitness – Your client avatar and specialisation value
- Tues 28th Apr – Aquatic Operations – CALD recruitment and engagement
- Wed 29th Apr – Learn to Swim – Safety considerations for learn to swim facilities
- Thu 30th Apr – Management and Leadership -Industry recovery strategies
- Fri 1st May – Health and Fitness – Productivity habits
LSV have created a suite of resources to support the Industry. The key to successful implementation is to ensure that suitable persons have ensured the templates have been made relevant to a specific facility.
LSV is not able to take any responsibility for documentation which are misunderstood, misinterpreted or misused in any way. It is recommended that all documentation are regularly reviewed as a part of a facilities overall risk management and continuous improvement strategy.